Macomb County Department of Roads Right-of-Way Phragmites Treatment
The Lake St. Clair Cooperative Invasive Species Management Area (CISMA) is coordinating a Macomb County Department of Roads (MCDR) Right-of-Way Phragmites project. All public road rights-of-way in Chesterfield Township that have Phragmites will be treated between August 30 and September 10, 2021. PLM Lake & Land Management (PLM) will be the company performing the work for the project.
Information on the project:
- PLM will be posting signage for the areas that are treated
- Residents can remove the sign within the designated time on the posted signage
- The spray will be blue in color to indicate what has been sprayed
- Blue color is water based, will not stain, and is easily washable
- Information on the project can be found:
- Legal notice in Macomb Daily, August 23 issue
- Chesterfield Township website
- St. Clair CISMA Website
- Project Map
Legal Notice of the project was published in the Macomb Daily on August 23, 2021.
Properties Who Don't Want Treatment
If you do not want the right-of-way treated in front of your property, the No Treatment Zone Document needs to be filled out and submitted by 3:00 p.m. an August 26, 2021.
Understanding pesticides and their use: Risk-Benefit Info for Pesticide Applications
Project Contact Information
In the event that any adverse incident occurs with the project, please contact one of the following so the issue can be directed the the appropriate party:
- Chesterfield Township DPW: (586) 949-0400, ext. 3
- PLM Lake & Land Management: (800) 382-4434
- Macomb County Department of Roads: (586) 463-8671