The Clerk’s Office is now accepting applications for the 2021 Election Cycle.
Precinct Worker Requirements
- Must be a registered voter in the State of Michigan
- 18 years of age or older (16 and 17 year old Student Inspectors are accepted)
- Must have a completed application on file, including political party preference
- Computer experience is preferred, but not required
- You can not be a challenger, candidate, member of a candidate's immediate family, or a member of the local Board of Canvassers. Anyone convicted of a felony or an election crime may not serve.
If you are chosen to work one of the upcoming elections, a letter will be mailed to you informing you of the location you will be working, as well as, the day(s) and time(s) of the required training session you must attend. You must then sign up via the link below for your training session. If you are unable to work, please call us immediately so we may find a replacement.
Rates of Pay
Super-Chair: $280.00 per day
Chairperson: $250 per day
Co-Chairperson: $200 per day
Inspector: Full Day $160.00 Half Day $80.00
Students: $80.00 (8hr max)
AVCB Stipend: $25.00
Training: $20.00 per class
Receiving Board: $75.00
Upcoming Election Inspector Training
Training sign-up is only for those who have received a letter of appointment.
If you have received a letter, you may sign up for the necessary class(es) by clicking on the link(s) below.
***There is no Election Inspector Training at this time***