Department of Public Works
Visit the Macomb
County Website for more information about
Household Hazardous Waste Collection,
Rizzo Services will accept:
- Cardboard and Paper Bags - Flatten cardboard
and cut into pieces, No wax coated cardboard
- Paperboard - No wax coated paperboard
- Magazines and Catalogs - Any size magazines
- Junk Mail - Envelopes, flyers, brochures,
- Office Paper - All types and sizes
- Phone Books - All types and sizes
- Newspaper - Remove bags, strings and rubber
- Pots and Pans - Kitchen cookware
- *Steel and Tin Cans - Empty cans only
- *Clear Glass - Empty, clear glass only
- *Aluminum Cans - Empty cans only
- *Plastic Jugs/Bottles - (#1 and #2)
- *Household Plastic (#3 - #7) - Empty
- *Plastic Bags - Most retail and grocery bags
- Paper Milk or Juice Cartons
- Styrofoam Containers/Packing
- Propane Tanks
- Paint Cans
- Colored Glass
- Medical Waste
- Flammable Liquids
- Household Cleaners
- Chemicals (Dry or Liquid)
- Wood Items
Recycling bin full? Clear plastic bags can be used for additional items if your
bin is full.
Plastic Reference Guide
- #1 - Plastic soft drink and water bottles,
catsup, mouthwash and salad dressing bottles.
Peanut butter, mayo, pickle, jelly and jam jars.
- #2 - Milk, water, juice, shampoo, dish and
laundry detergent bottles; yogurt containers,
cereal liners, grocery, trash and retail bags.
- #3 - Clear food and non-food packaging,
medical tubing, electrical cable insulation,
plastic pipes, fittings and carpet backing.
- #4 - Dry cleaning, bread and frozen food
bags, squeezable bottles e.g. honey, mustard,
BBQ sauce, etc.
- #5 - Catsup bottles, yogurt containers,
margarine tubs, medicine and vitamin bottles,
- #6 - Compact disc jackets, food service
applications, grocery store, egg containers,
aspirin bottles, cups and plates.
- #7 - Three and five gallon reusable water
bottles, some citrus juice and catsup bottles.
* See bottom of container for plastic type
Please rinse container before putting into recycling bin