Township Board Meeting Agenda - September 6,
CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF CHESTERFIELD
REGULAR BOARD MEETING
TO BE HELD AT THE MUNICIPAL OFFICES, 47275 SUGARBUSH RD.
CHESTERFIELD, MI 48047
September 6, 2011
- CALL TO ORDER
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- ROLL CALL
- CONSENT AGENDA: All items under the Consent Agenda are considered routine
by the Board and will be enacted in one motion. There is no separate discussion
of these items. If discussion of any item(s) is required by a Board member, it
will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered separately. Public
comments on the Consent Agenda items are permitted.
- Approval of the Agenda (with Addendum if necessary).
- Approval of the Minutes of the Regular Board Meeting of August 15, 2011.
- Approval of the Payment of Bills as submitted by the Finance Department.
- Supervisor’s Office: Recommends the appointment of John Sciarrino to the
Planning Commission with his term expiring June, 2012.
- Benefits Coordinator: Request approval for payment to Gabriel, Roeder, Smith
and Company to cover the annual Actuarial Equivalence Test for calendar year
2012 for the Medicare Part D subsidy at a total cost of $2,250.00.
- Patrick M. and Patricia A. Victor at 52345 Creek Lane, request approval for
an Easement Encroachment Agreement to permit the encroachment on a public
utility easement to construct a pool, subject to and abiding by comments from
the DPW and Building Department officials.
- Police Department: Request approval of the revisions made to the Standard
Operating Procedure regarding awards and citations and to print same for
distribution to all personnel.
- PUBLIC HEARING:
To hear comments concerning the estimate of cost and expense for the proposed
Jans Drive-North End Paving Special Assessment District (SAD).
- REGULAR AGENDA:
- Adopt Resolution No.3 to prepare the necessary documentation for the Jans
Drive-North End Paving Special Assessment District (SAD).
- Adopt Resolution No.4 setting a Public Hearing for September 19, 2011 at 7:00
pm to review cost of the Jans Drive-North End Paving Special Assessment District
- Adopt Resolution 2011-13 authorizing the Charter Township of Chesterfield,
Department of Public Works to seek a Michigan Department of Environmental
Quality S2 Grant totaling $103,510.00 to evaluate our sanitary sewer system.
- ADDENDUM (If Necessary)
- PUBLIC COMMENTS (Five-Minute Time Limits)
- CLOSED SESSION:
Discussion on negotiation strategy in conjunction with Police Officers Labor
Council, Command Officers; Police Officers Labor Council, Clerical; and
International Association of Firefighters, Local 4011 pursuant to Section 8(c)
of the Open Meetings Act.
- BOARD COMMENTS
NEXT REGULAR BOARD MEETING IS MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 19, 2011 AT 7 P.M. THE
DEADLINE FOR THE SUBMITTAL OF ITEMS FOR THE AGENDA IS NOON WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER
14, 2011. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CALL 949-0400 EXT. 5.
The Charter Township of Chesterfield fully embraces the spirit and letter of
the law as it pertains to the American with Disabilities Act. In accordance with
the law, any individual who needs accommodation is asked to contact the Clerk’s
Office during normal business hours at 586-949-0400 ext. 5. To provide
appropriate accommodation, the Clerk’s Office needs two (2) business days notice
prior to the meeting.
POSTED: September 1, 2011