Township Board Meeting Agenda - June 6, 2011
CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF CHESTERFIELD
REGULAR BOARD MEETING
TO BE HELD AT THE MUNICIPAL OFFICES, 47275 SUGARBUSH RD.
CHESTERFIELD, MI 48047
June 6, 2011
- CALL TO ORDER
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- ROLL CALL
- CONSENT AGENDA: All items under the Consent Agenda are considered routine
by the Board and will be enacted in one motion. There is no separate discussion
of these items. If discussion of any item(s) is required by a Board member, it
will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered separately. Public
comments on the Consent Agenda items are permitted.
- Approval of the Agenda (with Addendum if necessary).
- Approval of the Minutes of the Closed Session of May 12, 2011, Regular Board
Meeting of May 16, 2011 and Study Session of June 1, 2011.
- Approval of the Payment of Bills as submitted by the Finance Department.
- Authorize the Township Supervisor to sign the Letter of Understanding with
the POLC-Detectives, Patrol Officers and Dispatchers as it relates to uniforms
and their cellular phone allowance.
- Authorize Clerk Uglis, as Miss Chesterfield Pageant Chair, to sign the waiver
of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement for the participation of the Miss
Chesterfield float in the 2011 Bay-Rama Parade.
- Supervisor’s Office: Recommends reappointment of Tom Yaschen and Marlene Krul
with their terms expiring July 3, 2013; and Sue Grimaudo and Michele Stearns
with their terms expiring July 3, 2014.
- Police Department: Request approval of the revisions made to Police
Department SOP for Internal Investigations, Independent Alcohol Testing, Bail
Bondsmen, Smoke and Tobacco Use and Cellular Phones and to print same for
distribution to all personnel.
- Set a Public Hearing for July 5, 2011 at 7 p.m. to hear comments concerning
the estimate of cost and expense of providing Police protection as determined by
the Township Board and also on the distribution of the existing Special
Assessment levy for said Police protection as approved by the voters in 1996.
- 5. REGULAR AGENDA:
- A) Approval to pay annual (July 1, 2011-June 30, 2012) dues to the Michigan
Township Association (MTA) in the amount of $6,238.10.
- B) AEW: Recommends approval of the Municipal Building Heating and Cooling
Maintenance Agreement to RW Mead & Sons at an annual cost of $30,996.00 for four
- C) DPW: Request approval to purchase a Geographical Information System grade
Global Positioning System from Michigan Surveyors Supply Inc. at an amount not
to exceed $9,620.00.
- Police Department: Request approval to present a conditional offer for
employment to an applicant for the position of Police and Fire Emergency
- ABC Warehouse requests approval for a sidewalk sale permit with a 20’x40’ tent at 51600 Gratiot Ave., Chesterfield, MI 48051 from June 19, 2011
through June 25, 2011.
- ADDENDUM (If Necessary)
- PUBLIC COMMENTS (Five-Minute Time Limits)
- BOARD COMMENTS
- CLOSED SESSION
Discussion on negotiation strategy in conjunction with Police Officers Labor
Council, Command Officers; Police Officers Labor Council, Clerical; and
International Association of Firefighters, Local 4011 pursuant to Section 8(c)
of the Open Meetings Act. (Postponed from June 1, 2011 Study Session)
NEXT REGULAR BOARD MEETING IS MONDAY JUNE 20, 2011 AT 7 P.M. THE DEADLINE FOR
THE SUBMITTAL OF ITEMS FOR THE AGENDA IS NOON WEDNESDAY, JUNE 15, 2011. IF YOU
HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CALL 949-0400 EXT. 5.
The Charter Township of Chesterfield fully embraces the spirit and letter of
the law as it pertains to the American with Disabilities Act. In accordance with
the law, any individual who needs accommodation is asked to contact the Clerk’s
Office during normal business hours at 586-949-0400 ext. 5. To provide
appropriate accommodation, the Clerk’s Office needs two (2) business days notice
prior to the meeting.
POSTED: June 2, 2011