Township Board Meeting Agenda - April 18, 2011
CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF CHESTERFIELD
REGULAR BOARD MEETING
TO BE HELD AT THE MUNICIPAL OFFICES, 47275 SUGARBUSH RD.
CHESTERFIELD, MI 48047
April 18, 2011
- CALL TO ORDER
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- ROLL CALL
Resolution #2011-06 honoring retired Police Department Lieutenant David G.
Proclaiming May 1, through May 7, 2011 as Municipal Clerks Week.
- CONSENT AGENDA: All items under the Consent Agenda are considered routine
by the Board and will be enacted in one motion. There is no separate discussion
of these items. If discussion of any item(s) is required by a Board member, it
will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered separately. Public
comments on the Consent Agenda items are permitted.
- Approval of the Agenda (with Addendum if necessary).
- Approval of the Minutes of the Regular Board Meeting of April 4, 2011.
- Approval of the Payment of Bills as submitted by the Finance Department.
- Supervisor’s Office: Request approval to waive Entrance and Pavilion fees at
Brandenburg Park on June 19, 2011 for participants of the 17th Annual Life
Handicap Outdoors fishing outing.
- Lempke-Blackwell V.F.W. Post 7573 requests Township Board support for the
"Buddy Poppies" donation program, at various locations within Chesterfield
Township, on May 5, 6, 7, 2011.
- Approval of a revised date, Saturday August 13, 2011, for the Anchor Bay
Rotary’s use of the Township Municipal Grounds, Senior Center, and restroom
facilities for their 3rd Annual Fun Run.
- Clerk’s Office: Request approval For Used Car and Junkyard license renewals
for Car Country, 49210 Gratiot; Conigliaro Motors, 46728 Gratiot; Milestone
Motors LLC, 48470 Gratiot; Trubiano Motors, 50190 Gratiot; Victory Motors, 29169
23 Mile Road; Chesterfield Recycling, 27971 24 Mile Road; and G&T Surplus Resale
and Auto Parts, 48475 Gratiot and 54525 Gratiot. The license fee of $125.00 is
due by May 15, 2011 and will expire May 15, 2012.
- Parks and Recreation Department: Request approval to print and mail the
Spring Program Brochure to all Chesterfield mailing addresses at a cost not to
exceed $5,352.00. The lowest quote is from Litho Printing Systems.
- DPW: Request approval to post and hire seasonal employees for 2011 park
season at Brandenburg Park; 2 concession employees, 7 booth employees, 2
seasonal park employees, all at an hourly rate of $7.50, and 2 Security guards
at $10.00 per hour.
- Jeremy and Heather Nutting at 31094 Blue Heron request approval for an
Easement Encroachment Agreement to permit the encroachment on a public utility
easement to construct a pool, subject to and abiding by comments from the DPW
and Building Department officials.
- REGULAR AGENDA:
- Approval of a change to the Township Board Rules of Procedures, Section
7.5 Publication of Minutes adopted November 17, 1997, allowing a brief notice to
be published regarding the availability of minutes instead of the actual
- Planning Commission: Introduction of Ordinance No.135 regarding the specific
requirements, duties and responsibilities of the members of the Planning
- Art Van Furniture requests approval for a sidewalk sale permit with a 40’x60’ tent at 50400 Gratiot, Chesterfield, MI 48051 from May 13, 2011
through May 25, 2011.
- Art Van Furniture requests approval for a sidewalk sale permit with a 40’x60’ tent at 50400 Gratiot, Chesterfield, MI 48051 from August 5, 2011
through August 17, 2011.
- Approval of allowance payment procedure for Police Department Detectives,
Patrol Officers and Dispatchers pursuant to their contract and Federal Tax Code.
- ADDENDUM (If Necessary)
- PUBLIC COMMENTS (Five-Minute Time Limits)
- BOARD COMMENTS
NEXT REGULAR BOARD MEETING IS MONDAY MAY 2, 2011 AT 7 P.M. THE DEADLINE FOR
THE SUBMITTAL OF ITEMS FOR THE AGENDA IS NOON WEDNESDAY, APRIL 27, 2011. IF YOU
HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CALL 949-0400 EXT. 5.
The Charter Township of Chesterfield fully embraces the spirit and letter of
the law as it pertains to the American with Disabilities Act. In accordance with
the law, any individual who needs accommodation is asked to contact the Clerk’s
Office during normal business hours at 586-949-0400 ext. 5. To provide
appropriate accommodation, the Clerk’s Office needs two (2) business days notice
prior to the meeting.