Township Board Meeting Agenda - October 18, 2010
CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF CHESTERFIELD
REGULAR BOARD MEETING
TO BE HELD AT THE MUNICIPAL OFFICES, 47275 SUGARBUSH
CHESTERFIELD, MI 48047
October 18, 2010
- CALL TO ORDER
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE-Higgins Elementary School
- ROLL CALL
Mr. Kolby Miller, CEO of Medstar Ambulance, will
present an Automatic Electronic Defibulator (AED) to the community.
- CONSENT AGENDA: All items under the Consent Agenda
are considered routine by the Board and will be enacted in one motion. There is
no separate discussion of these items. If discussion of any item(s) is required
by a Board member, it will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered
separately. Public comments on the Consent Agenda items are permitted.
- Approval of the Agenda (with Addendum if necessary).
- Approval of the Minutes of the Regular Board Meeting
of October 4, 2010 and the Closed Session of September 7, 2010.
- Approval of the Payment of Bills as submitted by the
- Supervisor’s Office: Recommends appointment of Rick
LaBelle to the Zoning Board of Appeals with his term expiring September 1, 2013.
- Establish Halloween "Trick or Treat" hours in the
Township for Sunday October 31, 2010 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Supervisor’s Office: Recommends appointment of
required Board Liaisons to various Township Boards and Commissions, effective
December 1, 2010, as follows: Bargaining Committee, Michael Lovelock, Janice
Uglis, Linda Hartman; Beautification Committee, Linda Hartman; Election
Commission, Michele Ficht, Cheryl Printz; Historical Society, Christine Bell;
Library Board, Cheryl Printz; Parks and Recreation Commission/Appreciation
Awards, Jan Uglis; Planning Commission, Brian Scott DeMuynck; Senior Housing,
Christine Bell; Zoning Board of Appeals, Michele Ficht. All terms expire
November 30, 2011.
- REGULAR AGENDA:
- Supervisor’s Office: Recommends the offering of a
conditional offer for employment to an applicant for the position of Appraiser
in the Assessing Department. Applicant must pass all background checks and a
Township authorized physical as terms of employment.
- Fire Department: Request approval to repair and
upgrade the rear concrete apron at Station #1 and award the project, to the low
quote from Pallisco Contracting Company Inc. at a total cost of $69,708.
- Supervisor’s Office: Request approval to purchase
replacement Audio and Video Equipment for the Board Meeting Room to the low
quote from Michigan Digitalimage at a cost not to exceed $15,000.00.
- Adopt Resolution 2010-18, the annual renewal of the
Election Receiving Board pursuant to Michigan Election Law, Act 116 of 1954,
- ADDENDUM (If Necessary)
- PUBLIC COMMENTS (Five-Minute Time Limits)
- BOARD COMMENTS
THE NEXT REGULAR BOARD MEETING IS MONDAY NOVEMBER 1,
2010 AT 7 P.M.
THE DEADLINE FOR THE SUBMITTAL OF ITEMS FOR THAT
AGENDA IS NOON WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 27, 2010. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE
CALL 949-0400 EXT. 5.
POSTED: October 14, 2010