Beautification Commission Minutes - March 10,
Proposed Minutes of
Chesterfield Township Beautification Committee Meeting
Wednesday March 10,
Regular Meeting @
Meeting was called to order by Sue Grimaudo @ 7:04pm
Roll call by Sue Grimaudo.
Members present: Cheryl Printz, Sue Grimaudo, Constance Hansen, Tom Yaschen,
Denise Calvert, and Marilyn Sypolt.
Marlene Krul absent
Approval of January minutes – Tom Yaschen approved by Denise Calvert.
Need you flier looks good
Sue Grimaudo pulled the purple ivy around the dogwood
Grosso Trucking & supply:
- Grosso Trucking & Supply will give $10 off screened topsoil (with a minimum
of 5 yards) during Beautification Week.
- Sue Grimaudo to send thank you card.
Sue to keep list of those participating in community discount.
Bird Bat and Butterfly House Contest
- Denise suggest Rich to send official press release to "The Voice" and "Macomb
- Cleo Fisher to broadcast contest @ ABHS
- Denise to put together fliers for contest.
Anchor Bay High School Volunteers
- Student Council willing to donate time
- Susie gave her blessing for Cleo to advertise in ABHS
Adopt a spot
- Tri-fold brochure created by Marilyn went over well by the entire group!
- Cheryl to add Chesterfield logo( on back bottom center) and application.
- To obtain a list from DPW to help with determining various "adopt a spot"
- Deciding on which spots are maintenance only, for example Brandenburg Park
(all six spots) are maintenance only.
- Cheryl to find a waiver for volunteers to sign.
- Cheryl to have tri-fold flier completed by April 7th.
Beautification Week May 15th – 22nd
- May 15 Kick-off Saturday Plant a perennial day
- May 16 Sunday Adopt a spot
- May 17 Monday Plant a vegetable day
- May 18 Tuesday Compost day
- May 19 Wednesday
- Drop off 3B houses at municipal building
- Plant flowers at municipal building
- Pass out tree seedlings
- May 20 Thursday Recycle awarness
- May 21 Friday Electronic recycling
- May 22 Saturday Plant a tree day and shred day (Tom to firm this up with
Great Lakes Recycling).
Best Buy – Denise Calvert found that:
- Best buy does all electronic recycling
- If we get with Best Buy ahead of time they will put together a team of 10
people to help w/ various projects of the Beautification Committee.
Cheryls Beautification week resolution was motioned to approve by Tom Yashen
and 2nd by Marilyn Sypolt.
Rich to make sure "Beautification Committee Needs You" will be aired on our
Yaschen motioned to adjourn meeting, Connie second the motion.
Meeting adjourned 8:30 P.M.