Reference Desk

 

Beautification Committee Minutes - January 13, 2010

Proposed Minutes of Chesterfield Township Beautification Committee Meeting

Wednesday January 13, 2010

Regular Meeting @ 7:00pm

Meeting was called to order by Sue Grimaudo @ 7:04pm

Roll call by Sue Grimaudo.

Members present:  Cheryl Printz, Sue Grimaudo, Constance Hansen, Tom Yaschen, Denise Calvert, Marlene Krul and Marilyn Sypolt.

Also present:  Rich Piekarski, Director

Approval of November Minutes –Denise Calvert Second by Tom Yaschen .

Old Business:

Amanda was able to get the B3 contest information into the Parks and Recs winter program

Bird Bat and Butterfly House Contest

Tom feels we need to do more advertising

Sue would like to keep May 19th for the drop off

Denise suggest we detail measurements specific to certain birds

Tom suggest we have a motivator

Tom will donate money for the top 2 winners

Denise to organize Bay Voice article

Cleo Fisher, a student from ABHS, to broadcast contest @ ABHS

Fliers for contest to be sent to ABHS 

Anchor Bay High School Volunteers

Student Council willing to donate time

Susie to check with school board to be sure we are in compliance with volunteer rules (should there be any)

  Adopt a spot:  Marilyn Sypolt is chair, Denise is co-chair

Scouts – local boy scouts and girl scouts

Top 10 spots

Parks

Cleo Fisher had an idea that each grade would “adopt a spot”

Bridge Decorating

Sadly, a wind Storm blew apart our boughs.

Will need to come up with a plan for next year

Connie to forward updated roster to the Parks & Recreation Department

Meeting dates look good

Beautification Week May 15th – 22nd

May 15 Kick-off Saturday Plant a perennial day

May 16 Sunday Adopt a spot

May 17 Monday Plant a vegetable day

May 18 Tuesday Compost day

May 19 Wednesday

Drop off 3B houses at municipal building

Plant flowers at municipal building

Pass out tree seedlings

May 20 Thursday Recycle awarness

May 21 Friday Electronic recycling

May 22 Saturday Plant a tree day

Cheryl to check on what other Beautification groups might be doing

Committee will no longer plant with the school children, this to be replaced with “adopt a spot”

Pruning dogwood Sat March 6th 10A.M.

Dedication Bricks

Rich has idea to do a paver of “dedicated” bricks

Possible site would be near the cannon

Grant Request Was Approved

Susie motions to have the board keep a treasurer

Rich will provide an analysis, line item printout,  showing what was spent throughout the year

DPW and Beautification committee communication gap

Efforts of the beautification committee has been disheartening

DPW to be better informed

Work order protocol through the Parks & Recreation Department

Tom Yaschen motioned to adjourn meeting, Marlene Krul second the motion.

Meeting adjourned 8:35 P.M. 

 

Go To Top