Parks and Recreation Commission Minutes -
October 28, 2009
Chesterfield Township Parks and
Call to Order
Meeting called to
order at 7:02 PM by Alan Christ
Present: Alan Christ, Pat
Williams, Doug Groth, Natalie McPherson, Mary Ellen
Wilmot, Vincent Finazzo, David Joseph, Amy Zarate
Absent: Rich Piekarski (Director),
Motion was made by Alan,
seconded by Doug to approve the agenda as written
with addition. Motion passed on a voice vote.
Motion was made by Doug
seconded by Vince to approve the Sept 30th, 2009
minutes as written. Motion passed on a voice
Introduction of new commissioners
Theldha Miller was introduced and told us she
wanted to bring some new ideas to the group,
including creating a festival on a par with those in
Tracy Antriken spoke of
some new ideas she also would like to bring to this
- Mt.Clemens Christmas parade will be held on
the day after Thanksgiving. Doug Groth is
expected to pull the Miss Chesterfield float.
- Appreciation awards: Natalie made a
motion that the parks and recreation department
take on this activity and determine if it
continues as a township sponsored activity and
send a note to the Supervisor stating our
request. The motion was seconded by
Theldha and passed on a voice vote.
The commission discussed the article concerning
the township acceptance of the playground equipment.
A request was made to ask the Supervisor to please
let our board know about the origins and plans for
the installation of the equipment.
New Board as Elected unanimously
in voice votes:
Alan Christ – Chair
Williams – Vice Chair
Vincent Finazzo – Secretary
Directors Report (as shared by Amy)
- Halloween Jamboree t be held 10-31 –still in
need of volunteers
- Flag Football banquet scheduled for Thursday
Oct 12th at Zuccaros
- The 2010 brochure distribution will be
handled in 2 printings this year (vs 3 in
previous years). Also, it is scheduled to
be mailed due to the inability for widespread
distribution in the schools. This plan
will be presented to the township board on 11-2
- Jan’s time on the board will be complete
after the November commission meeting. Our
new liaison will be Scott DeMuynck.
- Tree Lighting scheduled for 12-4 at the
- Holiday House decorating contest is
scheduled for 12-17; nominations for qualifying
houses are needed by 12-15.
- Next Meeting is scheduled for 11-18-09.
Comments from the Commission/Floor
- Vince welcomes Tracy and Theldha to the
commission. Vince also thanks Amy for her job as
Chair over the last year.
- Alan would like to invite Mr. Lovelock to
our next meeting.
- Doug welcomes our new members.
- Pat dittos Doug’s comments.
- Natalie welcomes the new board members and
thanks Amy for her service. She also
believes the board needs to thin outside the box
to meet the challenges of the next year.
- Mary Ellen welcomes the new members and
thanks Amy. She would like to be notified
if the meeting is cancelled while she is en
- Amy welcomes the new members and
congratulates the new officers. She agrees
that inviting Mr. Lovelock to the next meeting
would be very beneficial.
- She sends her best wishes to Rich for a
- Theldha thanks the group for the warm
- Tracy is glad to be on board and thanks the
group for the welcome.
Motion to adjourn made by Amy and seconded by
Mary Ellen – passed on a voice vote. Meeting
adjourned @ 8:16 PM
Respectfully Submitted by Pat Williams 11-29-09