Beautification Commission Minutes - November 4,
Proposed Minutes of Chesterfield Township
Beautification Committee Meeting
Wednesday November 4, 2009
Regular Meeting @ 7:00pm
Meeting was called to order by Sue Grimaudo @
Roll call by Sue Grimaudo.
Members present: Linda Hartman, Sue Grimaudo,
Constance Hansen, Tom Yaschen, Denise Calvert,
Marlene Krul and Marilyn Sypolt.
Approval of October minutes –Tom Yaschen Second
by Sue Grimaudo.
- Sue is adding Mums to old business. Van
Thommes Green House – Sue was able to procure 20
mums @ $2/each.
- Pumkin Carving- we had 2 pumpkins in the
Pumpkin Carving for 2010
- Sue proposed that pumpkin carving be a part
of Brandenburg map.
- Also, to state on the tickets "please bring
a carved pumpkin for pumpkin carving contest"
- Linda suggests thank you notes to those
businesses who donated money/prizes for contest
using township letter head.
- Leftover prizes to be used during
- To build boughs at Denises on Friday 11/20
- Denise suggested various items to bring:
gloves, pliers, various branches, wire,
pinecones, dogwood, rose hips.
- Everyone to contact Denise by 11/18 with
items they will be brining
- We changed the time of decorating from 1pm
Beautification Week 2010
May 15th – 22nd
Dates given to Amanda by Sue, to be reflected in
the website as well as on the local TV station.
Cable Channel of Chesterfield:
Susie to contact Eric to see if beautification
group can be aired, describing what beautification
committee is all about and airing past photo’s of
what CBC has done in the past.
Butterfly bird and Bat House Contest B3C:
- Drop off craft on Wednesday May 19th bt 9am
- 1st place winner of house to be displayed @
one of the parks.
- "should you wish to donate your creation we
will proudly display at one of the Chesterfied
Adopt a spot:
- "Coming soon-Chesterfield Twp Adopt A Spot"
- Details to be announced in the spring.
Sue Grimaudo motioned to adjourn meeting, Tom
Yaschen second the motion.
Meeting adjourned 8:16pm