Beautification Commission Minutes - August 12,
Proposed Minutes of Chesterfield
Township Beautification Committee Meeting
Wednesday August 12, 2009
Regular Meeting @ 7:00pm
Meeting was called to order by Sue Grimaudo @
Roll call by Sue Grimaudo.
Members present: Rich Piekarski, Linda Hartman,
Sue Grimaudo, Constance Hansen, Tom Yaschen, Denise
Calvert and Marlene Krul
Motion made by Connie Hansen to add Sunflower
contest to the agenda. Denise Calvert approves the
motion and Linda Hartman seconds.
Motion made by Sue Grimaudo to clarify the
minutes from June 10th meeting.
- Veterans park tree replacement and plaque
- Meeting time was adjourned at 8:03pm
- Tallest plant
- Biggest Head
- Most sunflower heads on stalk
- Most unusual color
- Sue Grimaudo and Connie Hansen to judge
- Daffodils to be planted around municipal
- Rich to order 200 yellow trumpets
- Will accept any donations to be planted in
various areas at Brandenburg park
- To be planted sometime between September and
Sue Grimaudo suggest we place ostrich size rocks
Brandenberg? Location ?
- 1 ½ yards
- Will research pricing
Denise would like to teach everyone how to
properly trim the Dogwood which is along the window
of the municipal building. Should be trimmed in the
Moving forward with the blue fescue and barberrys
along the window of the municipal building.
Denise Calvert suggest we plant a couple of
shrubs at the "Welcome to Chesterfield" sign.
Tom came up with an idea to come up with the
official Chesterfield Tree and Chesterfield Flower.
Something the schools might get involved with.
Pumpkin Carving Contest:
- Sat Oct 31st
- Drop off pumpkin between 9am- 9:30am
- Pick up pumpkin between 12:00-12:30pm
- Suggested donations for contest might
include gift cert for McDonalds, cold stone, Big
Boy, straw field, and Stevie B.
Meeting adjourned 7:45pm