The duties of the Township Clerk and staff include numerous technical and legal
responsibilities. This department is also known as “the information center” for
the Charter Township of Chesterfield. The Clerk’s Department is the official
guardian of all Township contracts, resolutions, ordinances, Township Board
meeting agenda/minutes and freedom of information act records and other
documents that must be retained.
The position of Clerk is a four year elected office. Some of the duties and
responsibilities of the Clerk that are defined by state statute include, but are
not limited to;
- Custodian of specific Township records.
- Record and retain Township Board meeting
- Maintain Voter Registration files.
- Conduct local, state and federal elections.
- Maintain Township Ordinance book.
The Township Clerk and staff are dedicated to providing timely and efficient
services to all customers.