Household Hazardous Waste
Put Your Hazardous Waste In Its Proper Place
While much concern about hazardous waste has fallen upon manufacturers, your own household may have a hazardous waste problem. Many pesticides, weed killers, automotive/cleaning products and hobby supplies contain toxic chemicals that become hazardous waste.
If we simply toss these products in the garbage, pour them down the drain, or dump them onto the ground, the result can be pollution to our soil and water.
Household Hazardous Waste Checklist
- Only Macomb County households may participate - business wastes are not accepted
- We reserve the right to limit quantities accepted at HHW collections
- Please keep hazardous substances labeled or original containers
- Do not mix different hazardous products together
- Avoid contact with hazardous substances
- Transport leaking containers in a pail
Macomb County Health Department Environmental Management & Risk Assessment Program (EMRAP)
- Visit their website
- Call the HHW Hotline 586-466-7923